Development of eco-friendly composite materials based on geopolymer matrix and reinforced with waste fibers
- ERANet-LAC: Latin America, Caribbean and European Union funded by the European Commission, within the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Technology Development (FP7)
- Topic #02: Waste management, recycling and urban mining
- Title: Development of ecofriendly composite materials based on geopolymer matrix and reinforced with waste fibers
- Acronim: FIBER
- Project no: ELAC2015/T020721
- Coordinator: Cracow University of Technology, Prof. Janusz Mikuła
Basic information – objectives:
- Keywords: Environment and resource saving, Environmental protection in production, cleaner production, Materials and reactions
- The project is an answer for a specific challenge connected with waste management, recycling and urban mining.
- The main objective of the project is to prepare a broad spectra of advanced and progressive new fibre-based materials for construction industry with high potential of commercial utilization, especially development of composite materials from waste natural fibres such as: animals and vegetables, for replacing the traditional construction materials.